Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
madisonville

Default can excel choose a name from a list when I am typing in a cell

I would like to be able to start typing a name from avery long list and have
excel help me. If I start with the letter 'A' is shows the choices if I type
an 'R' next it will reduce my choices etc. Is this possible in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Probably not what you had in mind but.........

If you create a sorted list like this:

Abbot
Allen
Anderson
Belle
Bender
Black
Charles
Clark
Cullen

Then create a drop down list from the above list.......

Type C in the drop down cell AND DO NOT hit enter, rather, click the drop
arrow, the list will automatically scroll to the C selections.

Biff