Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ RJJ is offline

Default copy cells daily and automatically

I am trying to find a way to copy a short range each day with the TODAY()
instruction. The real challenge I think is although the destination is always
the same ( a range of 7), the source will change each day. In other words, on
May 1st, cells F4:F10 would appear in cells K12:K18. Followed by May 2nd
cells B12:B18 would appear in K12:K18 and so on. I am trying to get a list of
7 names per day to appear in a single master list in another sheet.
I know this is a tough one. Hope someone can help?

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is a solution for a single cell, K12, the other six are similar. We
build a small table somewhere, say Z1 thru Z31, that contains the source
addresses. So enter:

F4 in cell Z1
B12 in cell Z2
..
..
..

Now we can use the day of the month to index into the Z-Table to get the
proper source address. So on May 1st we would use Z1 to tell us the source
should be cell F4, etc.

In K12 enter:

=INDIRECT(INDEX(Z1:Z31,DAY(TODAY()),1))

Similar approach for K13, K14, .....

An interesting question.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"RJJ" wrote:

I am trying to find a way to copy a short range each day with the TODAY()
instruction. The real challenge I think is although the destination is always
the same ( a range of 7), the source will change each day. In other words, on
May 1st, cells F4:F10 would appear in cells K12:K18. Followed by May 2nd
cells B12:B18 would appear in K12:K18 and so on. I am trying to get a list of
7 names per day to appear in a single master list in another sheet.
I know this is a tough one. Hope someone can help?

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ RJJ is offline

Not sure I understand with regards to the "source addresses". Let me clarify
my question first. I am looking at a calendar set up on my sheet, (1) sheet
per month. Let's use May. Cell F4 contains a date (May 1st), Cell G4 contains
May 2nd, down (8) rows to begin the next week so A12 contains May 3rd and so
on. Below each cell that contains the date are 7 cells that contain names.
Employee 1, 2, 3....7. It's these "7 names per date" that I need displayed
elsewhere. So, is the source address only the dated cell?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Here is a solution for a single cell, K12, the other six are similar. We
build a small table somewhere, say Z1 thru Z31, that contains the source
addresses. So enter:

F4 in cell Z1
B12 in cell Z2
.
.
.

"RJJ" wrote:

I am trying to find a way to copy a short range each day with the TODAY()
instruction. The real challenge I think is although the destination is always
the same ( a range of 7), the source will change each day. In other words, on
May 1st, cells F4:F10 would appear in cells K12:K18. Followed by May 2nd
cells B12:B18 would appear in K12:K18 and so on. I am trying to get a list of
7 names per day to appear in a single master list in another sheet.
I know this is a tough one. Hope someone can help?

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ RJJ is offline

OK, I tried to set up a test example. I created a list of names (Employee 1,
Employee 2, etc..) in a column. These names were in W3:W33. In an adjascent
cell I entered

=INDIRECT(INDEX(W3:W33,DAY(TODAY()),1))

The result in the formulated cell is #REF.

What did I do wrong?

I appreciate your help.