Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy cells daily and automatically

Here is a solution for a single cell, K12, the other six are similar. We
build a small table somewhere, say Z1 thru Z31, that contains the source
addresses. So enter:

F4 in cell Z1
B12 in cell Z2
..
..
..

Now we can use the day of the month to index into the Z-Table to get the
proper source address. So on May 1st we would use Z1 to tell us the source
should be cell F4, etc.

In K12 enter:

=INDIRECT(INDEX(Z1:Z31,DAY(TODAY()),1))

Similar approach for K13, K14, .....

An interesting question.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"RJJ" wrote:

I am trying to find a way to copy a short range each day with the TODAY()
instruction. The real challenge I think is although the destination is always
the same ( a range of 7), the source will change each day. In other words, on
May 1st, cells F4:F10 would appear in cells K12:K18. Followed by May 2nd
cells B12:B18 would appear in K12:K18 and so on. I am trying to get a list of
7 names per day to appear in a single master list in another sheet.
I know this is a tough one. Hope someone can help?

Richard