Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default push result from one cell to another

Good day,

I have a tally sheet that can be used to manually enter data in cell D18,
but in most cases it will be automatically be populated from a previous
worksheet, what I want to do from cell D19 is get the data from the previous
worksheet and then push it from C19 into C18.

This way users of the tally sheet will be able to enter data manually in C18
if need be or will have the populated data from the previous work sheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

--
Neall
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You alternate between cells D19 and C19. I'll assume you meant C19.

Open the VBA editor (Alt+F11) and go to the ThisWorkbook module.
Paste this in, adjust names/cell references as necessary.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C18").Value = _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C19").Value
End Sub

Cell C19 will now be updated whenever the workbook is open.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M