Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change Row Colour if certain criteria is met

Hello,

I am trying to get the rows to change colour on my spreadsheet if certain
criteria is met. The range of the spread sheet is A4 to T4 annd wal down to
A2400 to T2400.
If there is a Y in L4, I want the whole of row 4 to change to orange. If
there is a Y in L4 and in P4 I want the whole row turned to green. I want to
this to happen all way down for each row, so if L200 has a Y in it the whole
of row 200 would turn orange and if there were Y's in L3000 and P3000 the
whole of row 3000 would turn green, etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Start by selecting row 4.
Go to Format, Conditional Format.
Change first box to "Formula is"
Input:
=AND($L4="Y",$P4="Y")
Click format, go to pattern, choose green.
Click "ok"

Next, add another condition.
Change first box to "Formula is"
Input:
=$L4="Y"
Click format, go to pattern, choose orange. Click "ok".
Click "ok"

You can now use the format painter to copy these setting to your other rows!
--
Best Regards,

Luke M