stevembe

Default Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

Hi all (posted in another forum incorrectly, sorry!) . I have used some
date formula in my worksheet:

=TODAY()+56
=TODAY()+84
=TODAY()+98

What I want to do is colour the font with the date if it meets the
criteria above. E.g. if I were to type anywhere on the worksheet a date
55 days from today it would automatically turn red. If I were to type in
a date 80 days from today it would turn Blue etc

Also, if this can be done for the fill of the cells even better. Many
thanks in advaance and enjoy the day.

--
stevembe
stevembe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27743

Max

One way ..

Select entire sheet (with A1 active)

Click Format Conditional Formatting

Set it for conditions 1 - 3 as :

Formula | is:
Cond1: =AND(A1=TODAY()+56,A1<TODAY()+84)
Cond2: =AND(A1=TODAY()+84,A1<TODAY()+98)
Cond3: =AND(A1=TODAY()+98,A1<"",ISNUMBER(A1))

Formats*
Cond1: Red fill / white font / bold
Cond2: Blue / default font
Cond3: Yellow / default font

*Click "Format" button & change it to-your-taste
in the patterns tab and font tab

Click OK at the main dialog

Test it out ...
--
Rgds
Max

Hi all (posted in another forum incorrectly, sorry!) . I have used some
date formula in my worksheet:

=TODAY()+56
=TODAY()+84
=TODAY()+98

What I want to do is colour the font with the date if it meets the
criteria above. E.g. if I were to type anywhere on the worksheet a date
55 days from today it would automatically turn red. If I were to type in
a date 80 days from today it would turn Blue etc

Also, if this can be done for the fill of the cells even better. Many
thanks in advaance and enjoy the day.

--
stevembe
stevembe's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=472517

Max

Note that since dates are numbers in Excel, the CF would also
(unfortunately?) be triggered by numbers which are of the same order as the
dates input. For example, 1st Jan 2006 is 38718, 2nd Jan 2006 is 38719,
and so on. I'm not sure whether there's a way around this limitation using
normal CF. Anyway, do be aware of this.
--
Rgds
Max