Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i add same prefix any text or number to the large datas?

For ex: In a column 1000 chech no is entered.
100100
100101
100102
I want to add prefix Ch. No. to all 1000 numbers like below
Ch. No: 100100
Ch. No: 100101
How to add this to 1000 of ch. no. which is the shortest way to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1 = 100100
In B1 enter the below formula

= "Ch. No: " & A1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"how do i add same prefix any text or num" wrote:

For ex: In a column 1000 chech no is entered.
100100
100101
100102
I want to add prefix Ch. No. to all 1000 numbers like below
Ch. No: 100100
Ch. No: 100101
How to add this to 1000 of ch. no. which is the shortest way to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hightlight all of youe datas

Custom format, enter :

"Ch. No: "0