Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Tables: Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007

I have a problem with the Excel 2007 pivot table layout that's different from
the Excel 2003 pivot table layout. Is there a way in Excel 2007 to present
the pivot table the way data was presented in Excel 2003?

Example: Let's say I have four people with the last name of "Smith."
In Excel 2003 pivot tables, I could show all four "Smiths" with the first
name and last name together on the same row.

Col A Col B
Smith Joe
Smith Bill
Smith Mike
Smith Tom

In Excel 2007, I get the last name and first name on separate rows. In
addition, Excel 2007 only shows "Smith" once and then indents all the first
names on a separate row.

Col A Col B
Smith
Bill
Mike
Tom

How can I get the first name and last name on the same row in Excel 2007
Pivot Tables?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right click on your pivot table and choose 'Field Settings'. Under the
'Layout & Print' tab there is a radio button for 'Show Item Labels In Tabular
Form'.

Give that a try.

PJ

"Scott" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Scott

Right click on the PTDesignDesignLayoutShow in Tabular form

--
Regards
Roger Govier