-   -   Pivot Tables: Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229225-pivot-tables-excel-2003-vs-excel-2007-a.html)

scott

Pivot Tables: Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007

I have a problem with the Excel 2007 pivot table layout that's different from
the Excel 2003 pivot table layout. Is there a way in Excel 2007 to present
the pivot table the way data was presented in Excel 2003?

Example: Let's say I have four people with the last name of "Smith."
In Excel 2003 pivot tables, I could show all four "Smiths" with the first
name and last name together on the same row.

Col A Col B
Smith Joe
Smith Bill
Smith Mike
Smith Tom

In Excel 2007, I get the last name and first name on separate rows. In
addition, Excel 2007 only shows "Smith" once and then indents all the first
names on a separate row.

Col A Col B
Smith
Bill
Mike
Tom

How can I get the first name and last name on the same row in Excel 2007
Pivot Tables?

Thanks,
Scott

PJFry

Pivot Tables: Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007

Right click on your pivot table and choose 'Field Settings'. Under the
'Layout & Print' tab there is a radio button for 'Show Item Labels In Tabular
Form'.

Give that a try.

PJ

"Scott" wrote:

[...]

Roger Govier[_3_]

Pivot Tables: Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007

Hi Scott

Right click on the PTDesignDesignLayoutShow in Tabular form

--
Regards
Roger Govier