Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel conditional format only if all cells contain values?

I have a calendar in Excel, and we can't allow more than a certain amount of
staff off during a given amount of time. I have a few cells that comprise a
single day, and listing staff names on each one of those lines. I'm trying
to figure out a conditional formula that will shade the entire "day" a
certain color if all of the cells contain value.

For example: 4/1/09 is cells C11:C15. Using the formula below, if any
value is entered on any one of those cells, it highlights the entire group of
the cells with the color specified.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)

Can anybody direct me as to how I can get it so that ALL of the cells must
contain a value, for any of them to be shaded red? Meaning, something MUST
be entered in C11, to C15, then all of the cells will then change in color?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Highlight all the cells, the open the Conditional Formatting and use this :

Condition1: Formula Is:
=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)=5

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"offdah3z" wrote:

I have a calendar in Excel, and we can't allow more than a certain amount of
staff off during a given amount of time. I have a few cells that comprise a
single day, and listing staff names on each one of those lines. I'm trying
to figure out a conditional formula that will shade the entire "day" a
certain color if all of the cells contain value.

For example: 4/1/09 is cells C11:C15. Using the formula below, if any
value is entered on any one of those cells, it highlights the entire group of
the cells with the color specified.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)

Can anybody direct me as to how I can get it so that ALL of the cells must
contain a value, for any of them to be shaded red? Meaning, something MUST
be entered in C11, to C15, then all of the cells will then change in color?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One more question, how can I that to be greater than 4? I've tried a million
things.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)=4

for some reason, Excel hates that, and thats the most logical thing I've
tried. i'm embarrassed to show the rest.