-   -   Excel conditional format only if all cells contain values? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/229194-excel-conditional-format-only-if-all-cells-contain-values.html)

offdah3z

Excel conditional format only if all cells contain values?

I have a calendar in Excel, and we can't allow more than a certain amount of
staff off during a given amount of time. I have a few cells that comprise a
single day, and listing staff names on each one of those lines. I'm trying
to figure out a conditional formula that will shade the entire "day" a
certain color if all of the cells contain value.

For example: 4/1/09 is cells C11:C15. Using the formula below, if any
value is entered on any one of those cells, it highlights the entire group of
the cells with the color specified.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)

Can anybody direct me as to how I can get it so that ALL of the cells must
contain a value, for any of them to be shaded red? Meaning, something MUST
be entered in C11, to C15, then all of the cells will then change in color?

Thanks!

JBeaucaire[_90_]

Excel conditional format only if all cells contain values?

Highlight all the cells, the open the Conditional Formatting and use this :

Condition1: Formula Is:
=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)=5

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"offdah3z" wrote:

[...]

THANK YOU! I was pulling out my hair for "=5"?! You're a lifesaver and I
learned something new!

"offdah3z" wrote:

[...]

One more question, how can I that to be greater than 4? I've tried a million
things.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)=4

for some reason, Excel hates that, and thats the most logical thing I've
tried. i'm embarrassed to show the rest.

"offdah3z" wrote:

I have a calendar in Excel, and we can't allow more than a certain amount of
staff off during a given amount of time. I have a few cells that comprise a
single day, and listing staff names on each one of those lines. I'm trying
to figure out a conditional formula that will shade the entire "day" a
certain color if all of the cells contain value.

For example: 4/1/09 is cells C11:C15. Using the formula below, if any
value is entered on any one of those cells, it highlights the entire group of
the cells with the color specified.

=COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)

Can anybody direct me as to how I can get it so that ALL of the cells must
contain a value, for any of them to be shaded red? Meaning, something MUST
be entered in C11, to C15, then all of the cells will then change in color?

Thanks!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Excel conditional format only if all cells contain values?

If you want greater than 4 it is =COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)4
If you want greater than or equal to 4 it is =COUNTA($C$11:$C$15)=4
--
David Biddulph