Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Custom date fields for pivot tables

I have a pivot table that is updated daily, but for reporting purposes, I
only want to include the last 14 days in my report . I see date filters for
this week or last week, this month or last month, but how do I create a
custom filter for =today()-15?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could add a column of formulas to your data table, with a formula like

=A2 (TODAY()-15)

and then use TRUE as your filter...

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Amijab" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that is updated daily, but for reporting purposes, I
only want to include the last 14 days in my report . I see date filters for
this week or last week, this month or last month, but how do I create a
custom filter for =today()-15?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernie, thanks for the quick response.

I will go ahead and do that for the one report that I have, but my
preference is to create the moving data range in the pivot table (PT). The
reason for this is I have multiple pivot table reports with rolling date
ranges (i.e. the past 14 days, the past 30 days, the past 90 days, etc.)
these PT's in turn populate graphs. I am currently manually selecting the
dates each day. It seems to me that there would be the ability to create a
date range using the "custom date" filter. Is this possible?

Thanks again for your help!!!

"Amijab" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that is updated daily, but for reporting purposes, I
only want to include the last 14 days in my report . I see date filters for
this week or last week, this month or last month, but how do I create a
custom filter for =today()-15?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you recalc your workbook and refresh your pivot table, those values will update, so it will be
a 'moving data range', or at least as automatic as you can make it. Just make sure that you extend
your formulas to match your data- which can be an automatic option, based on your version.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Amijab" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that is updated daily, but for reporting purposes, I
only want to include the last 14 days in my report . I see date filters for
this week or last week, this month or last month, but how do I create a
custom filter for =today()-15?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007