Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Tables - Column Fields

I am trying to use a Pivot table to upload information into a Hyperion
Financial Management software program. However for an HFM upload, I need to
have the description on every row even if it replicates. As an example I am
book value for every company (40 different companies). On my current pivot
table, it shows on 3 separate rows the cost, depreciation, and net book
value, but the company number is listed only on the cost line, I need the
company number entered on every line. Is it possible to change this
formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cindy H wrote:
I am trying to use a Pivot table to upload information into a Hyperion
Financial Management software program. However for an HFM upload, I need to
have the description on every row even if it replicates. As an example I am
book value for every company (40 different companies). On my current pivot
table, it shows on 3 separate rows the cost, depreciation, and net book
value, but the company number is listed only on the cost line, I need the
company number entered on every line. Is it possible to change this
formatting?

Hi Cindy,

I know no way to change the formatting to do what you ask (using Excel
2003 or earlier), but workarounds exist. Here's one:

If your pivot data looks like this,

A B C
4 Company Metric Value
5 Co.1 Cost 1
6 Depr 2
7 BV 3
8 Co.2 Cost 4
9 Depr 5
etc

A few columns over from your pivot table, say column E, put a formula
like =IF(A5="",E4,A5) in row 5, and similar for any other grouping
columns that leave empty cells in the pivot table. Then fill right and
down as needed.

This will not be pretty if you have subtotals, but hopefully you get the
idea.