Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TBA TBA is offline

Default count number of dates in a row of cel before or after a variable d

Hi there. I want to create a formula to count the number of dates that fall
before or after a set date. The sheet is structured so that there is a
column with the date of an interview, call it 'E'.
There are then a number of dates recorded in rows €˜N to €˜AP. I want to
create two separate formula that count the number of dates between €˜N and
€˜AP that fall before or after the date in €˜E. I tried:
€œ=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,N2:BR2<C2)€ but it returns €˜0. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try to enter a "=Countif( " sign in your formula cell and then click
the equal sign left to the formula line, now fill in your range and
condition and hit enter.

The Formula should look like this:

=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,"<E2")

Hopes this helps.

---
Per

On 22 Apr., 01:22, TBA wrote:
Hi there. I want to create a formula to count the number of dates that fall
before or after a set date. *The sheet is structured so that there is a
column with the date of an interview, call it 'E'.
There are then a number of dates recorded in rows ‘N’ to ‘AP’. I want to
create two separate formula that count the number of dates between ‘N’ and
‘AP’ that fall before or after the date in ‘E’. *I tried:
“=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,N2:BR2<C2)” but it returns ‘0’. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,"<" & C2)
will count the number of dates between N2 and PR2 that are less than the
date in C2
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200847

"TBA" wrote:

Hi there. I want to create a formula to count the number of dates that fall
before or after a set date. The sheet is structured so that there is a
column with the date of an interview, call it 'E'.
There are then a number of dates recorded in rows €˜N to €˜AP. I want to
create two separate formula that count the number of dates between €˜N and
€˜AP that fall before or after the date in €˜E. I tried:
€œ=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,N2:BR2<C2)€ but it returns €˜0. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TBA TBA is offline

Default count number of dates in a row of cel before or after a variab

thanks very much for that- would you mind explaining the use of the quote
marks and the & ? cheers

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=COUNTIF(N2:BR2,"<" & C2)
will count the number of dates between N2 and PR2 that are less than the
date in C2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TBA TBA is offline

one last request on this one.
the number of dates in N to AP vary from line to line.
how would I get a formula to tell me what the earliest date in the group of
cells is?

thanks