Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default In a set of dates, can you count the number of Jan '07 instances?

I have a column of dates where I need to count the number of instances that
fall within Jan 1 to Jan 31 2007. I have tried to use the countif function
and can only count values greater than a value or less than a value, but not
between two values. Is there another way?
--
Linda W
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a column of dates where I need to count the number of instances that
fall within Jan 1 to Jan 31 2007. I have tried to use the countif
function
and can only count values greater than a value or less than a value, but
not
between two values. Is there another way?

This should work...

=SUMPRODUCT((C2:C100=DATE(2007,1,1))*(C2:C100<=DA TE(2007,1,31)))

Use your column instead of column C like I did and change the starting point
to rows to the start of your data, set the ending rows to a number that will
be equal to or larger than largest row you will ever occupy.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default In a set of dates, can you count the number of Jan '07 instanc

Thank you Rick, this did the trick. I have never used this function and had
to do some research to figure out the logic, but I will use this function
lots now that I am aware of it.
--
Linda W