Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count the number of months between two dates

I have two dates say 15/08/1995 and 31/07/2008, I want to calculate the
number of months between these two dates mentioned. how do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the DATEDIF function, which unfortunately is not listed in
Excel Help (unless you have XL2k). However, Chip Pearson explains how
you can use it and gives several examples he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 29, 1:18*pm, VKL Narayanan
wrote:
I have two dates say 15/08/1995 and 31/07/2008, I want to calculate the
number of months between these two dates mentioned. how do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the formula below to calculate the number of months between two dates.

=(YEAR(cell2)-YEAR(cell1))*12+MONTH(cell2)-MONTH(cell1)

For example:
If you want to calculate the number of months between 15/08/1995 and
31/07/2008, do the following.

Enter the first date in cell "A1" and the second date in cell "A2".
Then format both cells using "date format."
Enter the above mentioned formula on cell "A3" as
"=(YEAR(A2)-YEAR(A1))*12+MONTH(A2)-MONTH(A1)" [without double quotation]

This should help..

"VKL Narayanan" wrote:

I have two dates say 15/08/1995 and 31/07/2008, I want to calculate the
number of months between these two dates mentioned. how do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's OK if you regard 30th September and 1st October as being a month
apart.

If you want to wait for a month to be completed (for example from 15th of
one month to 15th of the next), then use the DATEDIF function as previously
advised.
--
David Biddulph

"omnitechsupport" wrote in