Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Text to rows

I have text in a cell which has been forced onto separate rows within the
same cell. Can I split this into several rows so there is one line in each
new row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this small macro:

Sub rowmaker()
v = ActiveCell.Value
s = Split(v, Chr(10))
For i = 0 To UBound(s)
ActiveCell.Offset(i + 1, 0).Value = s(i)
Next
End Sub

Select the cell and run the macro
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200846

"Phippsy" wrote:

I have text in a cell which has been forced onto separate rows within the
same cell. Can I split this into several rows so there is one line in each
new row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Easiest method is usually to use the Data-Text to columns feature, then copy,
paste special - transpose data.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Phippsy" wrote:

I have text in a cell which has been forced onto separate rows within the
same cell. Can I split this into several rows so there is one line in each
new row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To split at the forced line break in delimited byother hold the Alt key and
type 0010 on the numpad.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP