Coryne17

Default How do I create a new symbol to enter as a character?

I am trying to create a custom character based on 3 stoplight images (1
green, 1 yellow and 1 red). I want these to be characters so that they can be
entered into a cell, rather than just be a floating image. How can I create
these as new symbols for me to insert?
Bernie Deitrick

Coryne,

You would need to get a Font editing program and create your own font. Then
you could assign your images to, say, the characters 1, 2, and 3, and when
you enter "1" into a cell formatted with your new font, you would get your
green light image.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Coryne17" wrote in message
I am trying to create a custom character based on 3 stoplight images (1
green, 1 yellow and 1 red). I want these to be characters so that they can

be
entered into a cell, rather than just be a floating image. How can I

create
these as new symbols for me to insert?

Bob Phillips

Coryne,

Bernie's response got me to looking for free font editors, knowing how
difficult to create fonts is.

Amazingly, I came up with this
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tips/default...ection id=390

--

HTH

RP

"Coryne17" wrote in message
I am trying to create a custom character based on 3 stoplight images (1
green, 1 yellow and 1 red). I want these to be characters so that they

can
be
entered into a cell, rather than just be a floating image. How can I

create
these as new symbols for me to insert?

Gord Dibben

Good find Bob

Useful tool.

Gord

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:40:48 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Coryne,

Bernie's response got me to looking for free font editors, knowing how
difficult to create fonts is.

Amazingly, I came up with this
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tips/default...ection id=390

Bob Phillips

Thanks Gord. I am learning from the 'useful link' meister <bg

Regards

Bob

wrote:

Coryne,

Bernie's response got me to looking for free font editors, knowing how
difficult to create fonts is.

Amazingly, I came up with this

http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tips/default...id=5925&subsec

tionid=390