Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Screen Size

Is there a way of having the cells you want to see (Width) fit
whatever screen it is connected to?
ie: I have a spreadsheet which has many columns but I only want x
number showing. If I change the screen size I dont want to resize the
column widths to suit the new screen. Is there any code that will do
this?
Thanks in advance
EPJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can hide the rest of the columns which are not in use
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

" wrote:

Is there a way of having the cells you want to see (Width) fit
whatever screen it is connected to?
ie: I have a spreadsheet which has many columns but I only want x
number showing. If I change the screen size I dont want to resize the
column widths to suit the new screen. Is there any code that will do
this?
Thanks in advance
EPJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Here is some code I use to ensure that at least Columns up to and including
Column P are always visible. It works by using the VisibleRange thingy to
manipulate the zoom %.
Change the two Columns.Count refs to suit your page.
Put this code into an event macro for the sheet you want it to work on.

ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
A = 100
If Windows(1).VisibleRange.Columns.Count < 17 Then
Do Until Windows(1).VisibleRange.Columns.Count 16
ActiveWindow.Zoom = A
A = A - 1
Loop
End If