Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Protect an excel spreadsheet

Hello,
Can someone pls tell me what the most secure way to protect a worksheet is?
:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi NZuser,
If you're using xl2007, the protection is like thick paper.
If you're using anything prior to 2007, the protection is like wet tissues.
When you lock your shed, you're only keeping honest people out. The evil
doer, the devious and the curious will always find their way in.
Regards - Dave.

"NZuser" wrote:

Hello,
Can someone pls tell me what the most secure way to protect a worksheet is?
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Can someone pls tell me what the most secure way to protect a worksheet is?

I'm afraid the answer is don't give it to anyone but for the most part that
isn't practical. There isn't a secure way at all, Excel worksheet protection
is designed to protect against inadverdant or accidental deletions and while
it may deter the inexperienced, anyone with Google and a bit of resolve can
remove your passwords very quickly.

Mike