Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Importing Data Wizard

Gday All,I have searched your great disscusion group but cannot find a answer
to this question .When I use the Import data wizard some data does not come
,it appears that if the a column has mainly numbers and a with a few cells
with only text in them the text will not import and vice versa,I need all the
data ,I could link the sheets but would rather not, I can use VB if needed.
Can some one please help.John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel does NOT skip values while importing... If you have delimited data then
your text file might be missing some fields in certain rows...

Can you paste a few sample rows of data here? Or upload the file at
wikisend.com and paste the link here (assuming, of course, there is nothing
confidential)

"John L" wrote:

Gday All,I have searched your great disscusion group but cannot find a answer
to this question .When I use the Import data wizard some data does not come
,it appears that if the a column has mainly numbers and a with a few cells
with only text in them the text will not import and vice versa,I need all the
data ,I could link the sheets but would rather not, I can use VB if needed.
Can some one please help.John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks this is a very simple few columns of data and as you see it does miss
some data ,unfortunatley the data format in the source sheet cannot be
changed,I am using 2003 on both workbooksSource data

Name 1-Jan 8-Jan 15-Jan 22-Jan 29-Jan 5-Feb
John1 34 23 46 47 48 49
John2 al al 49 49 49
John3
John4
John5

Imported Data
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7
Name 1-Jan 8-Jan 15-Jan 22-Jan 29-Jan 5-Feb
John1 34 23 46 47 48 49
John2 49 49 49
John3
John4
John5

"John L" wrote:

Gday All,I have searched your great disscusion group but cannot find a answer
to this question .When I use the Import data wizard some data does not come
,it appears that if the a column has mainly numbers and a with a few cells
with only text in them the text will not import and vice versa,I need all the
data ,I could link the sheets but would rather not, I can use VB if needed.
Can some one please help.John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I pasted your data into a txt file
see http://wikisend.com/download/438904/test.txt
then opened it into Excel 2003 and got this
http://wikisend.com/download/440944/test.xls

data from worksheet copied below

--
Pl click the YES button
(if you see it - don''''''''t worry if you don''t),

"John L" wrote:

Gday All,I have searched your great disscusion group but cannot find a answer
to this question .When I use the Import data wizard some data does not come
,it appears that if the a column has mainly numbers and a with a few cells
with only text in them the text will not import and vice versa,I need all the
data ,I could link the sheets but would rather not, I can use VB if needed.
Can some one please help.John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am :-)
How do you 'import' from an Excel sheet? Can you pl. describe the steps you
are following to do this?

"John L" wrote:

Gday All,I have searched your great disscusion group but cannot find a answer
to this question .When I use the Import data wizard some data does not come
,it appears that if the a column has mainly numbers and a with a few cells
with only text in them the text will not import and vice versa,I need all the
data ,I could link the sheets but would rather not, I can use VB if needed.
Can some one please help.John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad you are happy

Toolbar