Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default New Data Query Wizard

In Excel I am trying to connect to a database using the New Data Query Wizard
When I get to the choose Columns screen and click on the Available table and
columns
I receive an error Undefined function €˜Date in expression.
(The database does have a function with this name that works correctly

I cannot Preview data in the columns if I then click on cancel
I receive a massage do you want to continue editing this Query in Microsoft
Query?
I select yes, the Add tables box opens I click on the table I want I
receive error cannot access table.

Anyone have any ideas how I can do this?