Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop Functions and Sorting

I am creating a report card for work performance. Right now I have
several worksheets that contain the different data that I combine onto
the report card worksheet. Since there is more than one type of
employee and classification of the type of work pbeing performed, I
have to filter each worksheet to the proper stats, then move it over
to the report card worksheet. This takes about 8 hours because there
is so much data.

I want to know if there is a way to either use a pivot table to do
this or perhaps some way to assign a macro or function to
automatically sort the data on the other worksheets and the report
card to auto pull the data. Things I experimented with were making the
title of the report card a drop down box and trying to write something
that said If the drop down equaled "Title", then sort worksheet A to
equal report card title. Obviously wasn't successful.

Thanks for any help.
Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Could you post a clear example.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"dicko1" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Example:

Worksheet Names - Report Card, Labor Hours, Work Orders

On the Labor Hour and Work Order sheet, the data will have many rows
and columns with data like - work order number, type of worker's
trade, labor hours, aging of work orders, etc.

If I am looking at the Report Card worksheet, can I create a button,
drop down, etc. that will automatically pull just the data I want from
the other sheets and populate the approprate cells.

So, if I want to see that avg labor hours and work order aging for
just the electrical group, not the HVAC and plumbers, can I select
electrical on the report card sheet and it will find the data from the
other sheets and populate the cells?