Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel sorting functions

I have an excel spreadsheet which includes a number column of percentages. I
would like to sort it in descending order and can do so, but then I am not
able to unsort it back to original order. Does anyone know the way to go
about this?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Insert a "helper" column next to the percent column, and number the rows
from 1 to whatever.
Include this helper column in your data range when you perform your original
sort.

When you're ready to return to the original order, simply use this helper
column as the sort key.
--
HTH,

RD

"Crash" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet which includes a number column of percentages.
would like to sort it in descending order and can do so, but then I am not
able to unsort it back to original order. Does anyone know the way to go
about this?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could also have another column which holds the sorted data and updates
automatically if the unsorted data changes.
Assuming your unsorted data is in A2:A21, in B1 enter =LARGE($A$1:$A$21,ROW()
-1) and copy down.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/104233702.aspx