Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Workday

I have two columns of dates; one for "initial input" and one for "work
started." I have a third column to show the difference of days between
dates. In this column I want it to remain blank until there is a date in
both of the previously mentioned columns. Right now I am getting a number in
the third column as soon as an "initial input" date is entered. How can I
prevent that from occurring?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say your formula is B1-A1. You want this to display nothing until there
values in both cells. Use this formula: =IF(COUNT(A1:B1)=2, B1-A1,"") where
"" are two double quotes with nothing inside them. Id the two cells are not
side-by-sise use something like =IF(COUNT(S4, V4)=2,V4-S4,"")
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"native earthling" wrote:

I have two columns of dates; one for "initial input" and one for "work
started." I have a third column to show the difference of days between
dates. In this column I want it to remain blank until there is a date in
both of the previously mentioned columns. Right now I am getting a number in
the third column as soon as an "initial input" date is entered. How can I
prevent that from occurring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bernard,

Thanks, but I already have, as an example, the formula =NETWORKDAYS(N9,P9)
to get the difference in days to appear. However, if only one date is filled
in, I get a number value that, apparently, interprets the date as a value.
For instance, in one row I have no date in column A and "31/08/2007" in
column B. Column C, that's supposed to show the difference in days between
the dates of columns A and B has the value "28090". How can I get it to
remain blank or at least show "0"?

Thanks for your help.

"native earthling" wrote:

I have two columns of dates; one for "initial input" and one for "work
started." I have a third column to show the difference of days between
dates. In this column I want it to remain blank until there is a date in
both of the previously mentioned columns. Right now I am getting a number in
the third column as soon as an "initial input" date is entered. How can I
prevent that from occurring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(COUNT(N9,P9)<2,"",NETWORKDAYS(N9,P9))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"native earthling" wrote in