Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default WORKDAY Help

Hi Folks:

Thought this would be simple . . . .
Trying to get the number of work days in C1 from dates in A1 and B1

A1: First Day of month
B1: Last Day of month
C1:

=WORKDAY(A1,B1)
or
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) both return #NAME?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

They're part of the ATP so
Tools|Addins and load the analysis toolpak.

Mike

"S Boak" wrote:

Hi Folks:

Thought this would be simple . . . .
Trying to get the number of work days in C1 from dates in A1 and B1

A1: First Day of month
B1: Last Day of month
C1:

=WORKDAY(A1,B1)
or
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) both return #NAME?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You entitled this thread "WORKDAY Help", but did you look in Excel Help for
the WORKDAY or NETWORKDAYS function to see what it says is the cause of the
#NAME? error?

It's always worth looking in Help before you come here for any necessary
further assistance.
--
David Biddulph

"S Boak" wrote in message
Hi Folks:

Thought this would be simple . . . .
Trying to get the number of work days in C1 from dates in A1 and B1

A1: First Day of month
B1: Last Day of month
C1:

=WORKDAY(A1,B1)
or
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) both return #NAME?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike:

Thanks very much.
Loaded the ATP . . . I get a number, but it's telling me there are 95,370
days from Oct-01-2008 to Oct-19-2008 . . . . hmmm

Any thoughts
Excel is 2003 on XP-Pro-SP3
Thanks again

"S Boak" wrote:

Hi Folks:

Thought this would be simple . . . .
Trying to get the number of work days in C1 from dates in A1 and B1

A1: First Day of month
B1: Last Day of month
C1:

=WORKDAY(A1,B1)
or
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) both return #NAME?

Any help appreciated - Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

That because your using the Workday function which returns a date a number
of workdays after the start date.

Excel is taking your date in A1 and adding 39740 workdays, format a2 as
general and you'll see why.

You should be using NETWORKDAYS(a1,a2) and getting an answer of 13

Mike