Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenate HTML containing double quotes

I am using Excel to build some repetitive html coding. I need to
concatenate html that contains double quotes ("), for example, I want to
join the first line below:

TO THIS:

style="border-left-style: none; border-left-width: medium"

How do I indicate to Excel that the double quotes are to be treated as text
and not parts of the concatenation?

Thanks for the assistance.

Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply.

I need this function to work:

=Concatenate("<td vAlign="top"","width="16"")

How do I format the double quotes in the text strings so that the
Concatenate function interprets them as text and not as text string
delimiters?

"Chas" wrote:

I am using Excel to build some repetitive html coding. I need to
concatenate html that contains double quotes ("), for example, I want to
join the first line below:

TO THIS:

style="border-left-style: none; border-left-width: medium"

How do I indicate to Excel that the double quotes are to be treated as
text
and not parts of the concatenation?

Thanks for the assistance.

Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe...
=CONCATENATE("<td vAlign=""top""",",width=""16""")

or
="<td vAlign=""top""" & ",width=""16"""

Double up your internal quotation marks.

And I added a comma. Not sure if you wanted that.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

It would appear you need to use 4 quotation marks to get one to show up, so for example, if you wanted to write "hello" in a cell, you would need to use the following formula;

=CONCATENATE("""","hello","""")

That would return this;

"hello"

Hope that helps!

Rob

"Chas" wrote:

On Saturday, April 04, 2009 10:42 AM Chas wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I need this function to work:

=Concatenate("<td vAlign="top"","width="16"")

How do I format the double quotes in the text strings so that the
Concatenate function interprets them as text and not as text string
delimiters?

"joel" wrote in message

Maybe...

Chas wrote: