Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joel joel is offline

Default Concatenate HTML containing double quotes

=CONCATENATE("<td vAlign=""top""","width=""16""")

"Chas" wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I need this function to work:

=Concatenate("<td vAlign="top"","width="16"")

How do I format the double quotes in the text strings so that the
Concatenate function interprets them as text and not as text string
delimiters?

"joel" wrote in message
I think you are using VBA code. Not sure since your question is very
vaque.
If you are using WRITE in VBA change to PRINT. If not, then give us more
details.

"Chas" wrote:

I am using Excel to build some repetitive html coding. I need to
concatenate html that contains double quotes ("), for example, I want to
join the first line below:

TO THIS:

style="border-left-style: none; border-left-width: medium"

How do I indicate to Excel that the double quotes are to be treated as
text
and not parts of the concatenation?

Thanks for the assistance.

Charlie