Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding X# of minutes to time (HH:MM:SS)

I have a long list of times in formatt 10:23:45 (HH:MM:SS). How do I add X
number of minutes to these times?

Ex: 10:23:45 add 4 minutes

Thanks for the help!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=A1+TIME(0,4,0)

and drag down. Ensure the format stays as hh:mm:ss

Mike

"Stuck Again" wrote:

I have a long list of times in formatt 10:23:45 (HH:MM:SS). How do I add X
number of minutes to these times?

Ex: 10:23:45 add 4 minutes

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Stuck Again" wrote
I have a long list of times in formatt 10:23:45 (HH:MM:SS).
How do I add X number of minutes to these times?
Ex: 10:23:45 add 4 minutes

Time is stored as a fraction of a day. So you can add 4/1440 (1440 =
24*60).

If you want to add the same amount of time to existing cells in place, you
can put =4/1440 or =TIME(0,4,0) into some cell, then copy that cell (e.g.
ctrl-C), then select the cells to be updated, and right-click Paste Special
Add OK. When you are done, you can delete the value in the cell you copied.