Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need your help with formulas in excel!!

I have 2 columns one for type and one for physical. I need to count how many
total but only the counting those that are typed as "ofc" AND with the
physical as "vacant".

I have no idea how to do this PLEASE HELP!!
--
michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Does this work for you?

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9="ofc")*(B1:B9="vacant"))

Mike

"michelle wilson" wrote:

I have 2 columns one for type and one for physical. I need to count how many
total but only the counting those that are typed as "ofc" AND with the
physical as "vacant".

I have no idea how to do this PLEASE HELP!!
--
michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use an array formula

{=SUM(IF(A1:A30="Vacant",IF(B1:B30="ofc",1,0),0))}

Enter the sum formula as you normally would, and adjust the ranges according
to your needs. To get the brackets around the formula, hold down <Ctrl,
<Shift, <Enter.

--
HTH

JonR

"michelle wilson" wrote:

I have 2 columns one for type and one for physical. I need to count how many
total but only the counting those that are typed as "ofc" AND with the
physical as "vacant".

I have no idea how to do this PLEASE HELP!!
--
michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes it did - now if I also need to include I2-I28 = OFC AND H2-H28=VACANT. I
TOOK A WHACK AT ADDING IT BUT I DIDN'T DO SOMETHING RIGHT. UUGGHHH - THANK
YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
--
michelle

"michelle wilson" wrote:

I have 2 columns one for type and one for physical. I need to count how many
total but only the counting those that are typed as "ofc" AND with the
physical as "vacant".

I have no idea how to do this PLEASE HELP!!
--
michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((I2:I28="OFC")*(H2:H28="Vacant"))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"michelle wilson" wrote in
message ...

"michelle wilson" wrote:

I have 2 columns one for type and one for physical. I need to count
how many
total but only the counting those that are typed as "ofc" AND with the
physical as "vacant".

I have no idea how to do this PLEASE HELP!!
--
michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
When you say "I also need to include I2-I28 = OFC AND H2-H28=VACANT"
Do you mean that you now have 2 different ranges? One range in Columns A and
B, and another inColumns H and I?

Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Michelle,
Then I think it's just a matter of adding them together:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B28="ofc")*(C2:C28="vacant"))+SUMP RODUCT((H2:H97="ofc")*(I2:I97="vacant"))

All on one line, of course.

Regards - Dave