Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Filter and Autopopulate

Hi!

I recently posted the below question and received a correct answer to it.
Unfortunately for me, the correct answer involved using a macro, and I cannot
use this macro in my process. I am looking to resolve the below question in
excel without using a macro, the only thing I can think of is an if(vlookup)?
Any other suggestions?

I have a drop down menu with certain values (in my case, one of the drop
downs is titled "Billable"). I am trying to figure out how I can create a
formula which searches for all items labeled "Billable" and then pulls a
range of data associated with that label and populates only that data into a
new worksheet.

Do you have any advice on how I can do this?

Thank you so much for your help,
Philip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Data-Advanced Filter on the destination sheet referring to the
data range by NAME

See http://www.contextures.com/PhoneList.zip at Debra Dalgleish's site...
Disable macros and use Advanced Filter after specifying the range as
'Database'

"Philip" wrote:

Hi!

I recently posted the below question and received a correct answer to it.
Unfortunately for me, the correct answer involved using a macro, and I cannot
use this macro in my process. I am looking to resolve the below question in
excel without using a macro, the only thing I can think of is an if(vlookup)?
Any other suggestions?

I have a drop down menu with certain values (in my case, one of the drop
downs is titled "Billable"). I am trying to figure out how I can create a
formula which searches for all items labeled "Billable" and then pulls a
range of data associated with that label and populates only that data into a
new worksheet.

Do you have any advice on how I can do this?

Thank you so much for your help,
Philip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I found out a way to do the advanced filter,
however is there a way to make this autopopulate or calculate on it own
without a macro being used?

Thank you,

Philip