Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to parse long spaced entry into multiple cells???

Using Execl 97'

The labels for each piece of the line of data would be as follows.

Year, Brand name, Length, Filter, Package, Strength, Flavor, Style,
Package Type, TAR, Nicotine, Caron Monoxide, UPC Code1, UPC Code2

That is 17 separate labels, but they would be coming from one long
string in ONE cell, here are a few examples.

cell a1 = 2005 BASIC KING F SP FULL-FLA S 15 1.1 15 0 286212 9 BJ4X05
cell a2 = 2005 BASIC 100 F SP FULL-FLA S 15 1.1 16 0 286232 3 BJ8X05
cell a3 = 2005 BASIC 100 F SP LT S 10 0.8 13 0 286272 1 BX8X05

Some have commas , maybe 1% at best, so you can see how hard it would
be to set their ,line by line, translating these..driving me crazy..

Is there a simple way to convert that long string in each cell into 14
different cells represented by the labels I mentioned earlier?

thanks!