Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default change a spreadsheet from single spaced to double spaced?

i have a very large worksheet and it is single spaced, i would like to make
it double spaced, is there a way to do that other than inserting an empty
row, one at a time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is no built in way to do this, the best way in my opinion to do this
without code is this:
insert a column before column a, put a one in the first cell and drag down
so all of your data is now in a numbered row, copy all of those rows (if your
last number is 50 you should be copying only the column that contains it,
1-50) and paste that on the row after your last entry. now sort by this
column, that should give you one space between, then delete the column. paste
2x's for 2 blanks 3x's for 3 etc. Hope that made sense.
--
-John
is helpful.

"tud52" wrote:

i have a very large worksheet and it is single spaced, i would like to make
it double spaced, is there a way to do that other than inserting an empty
row, one at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your real intent is only to make the sheet more visually appealing....

perhaps, just double the row heights.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"tud52" wrote:

i have a very large worksheet and it is single spaced, i would like to make
it double spaced, is there a way to do that other than inserting an empty
row, one at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all rows and double the height at FormatRowsHeight.

I do not recommend inserting a row between each existing row.

Would make filtering, sorting, copying, pasting and other operations very
difficult.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP