Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Too many arguments

I am using Excel 2007 and have a long spreadsheet that goes from Column A to
Column IP.

Firstly, when I try to put in a formula to add cells along the way to a
total in Column IP - I get a message saying that 'more argument shave been
specified for this function than are allowed in the current file format'

How do I get it to include all the cells I want to add up along the row
without this message?

Also, When trying to expand the spreadsheet to column JA, I am told that I
cannot go any further than IV, as that is where the end is marked and I have
followed the instructions given to change this but nothing happens

Hope someone can help

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Q1: A formula such as =SUM(A1:IP1) has only one argument, so please tell us
what your formula looks like

Q2: You must be working in compatibly mode - making Excel 2007 behave as
Excel 2003. Save the file as an Excel 2007 file (it will get an extension of
XLSX , unless it has macros). Now when you open it, you will have all the
rows and columns of Excel 2007

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme