Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you wrap larger quantites of text?

I know how to re-size cells, automatically wrap text and auto-fit, but the
wrapping doesn't seem to work for all text, eg a long paragraph might wrap
fine up to the 15th line (which is say half way through a long paragraph) and
from the 15th line on won't wrap no matter how much you increase the cell
height or width? Any suggestions welcome?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In XL2003 the maximum number of characters that can be displayed in a cell
is 1,024, you can have over 32,000 in a cell, but only 1024 will be visible
on the screen. I'm not sure if that's different in XL2007. Could that be the
problem?
Regards,
Alan.
"Coke" wrote in message
I know how to re-size cells, automatically wrap text and auto-fit, but the
wrapping doesn't seem to work for all text, eg a long paragraph might wrap
fine up to the 15th line (which is say half way through a long paragraph)
and
from the 15th line on won't wrap no matter how much you increase the cell
height or width? Any suggestions welcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can see much more than those 1000 or so characters that Alan wrote about
(and that excel's help documents) by adding alt-enters (to force a new line
within the cell) every 80 or 100 characters.

And this can help take care of the problem you're seeing, too--when the text
just seems to fade away....

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using Alt+F11

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

alt-f11 takes me into the VBE when I'm not editing a cell.

And doesn't do anything when I am editing a cell.

Maybe this response was meant for another question???

Jacob Skaria wrote:

Try using Alt+F11

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria