Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Has SORT changed from 2003 to 2007?

Hi,

Am encountering an error on SORT which previously has run fine - and
continues to run fine in Excel 2003, but fails in 2007. Have there been any
changes made from 2003 to 2007 which would explain this issue?

Thanks,
Kieran
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<which would explain this issue

What issue?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kierano" wrote in message

Am encountering an error on SORT which previously has run fine - and
continues to run fine in Excel 2003, but fails in 2007. Have there been
any
changes made from 2003 to 2007 which would explain this issue?

Thanks,
Kieran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, quite simply, the issue is that a routine that normally runs in about 2
minutes in Excel 2003 is falling over in Excel 2007. So far, by using a
combination of Esc and F5 via debug, I can get it to run partially but it
runs very s-l-o-w-l-y, hence my general question on whether anything has
changed between 2003 and 2007. Essentially, I'm using 2007 to run a routine
that was created in 2003 and, of course, 2007 is backwards-compatible...?

"Kierano" wrote in message

Am encountering an error on SORT which previously has run fine - and
continues to run fine in Excel 2003, but fails in 2007. Have there been
any
changes made from 2003 to 2007 which would explain this issue?

Thanks,
Kieran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why not post what exactly you are doing?
If you sort an entire column, do realize that that is now over a million
cells, not just 65000.
But that's just a gues. As said, be more precise in telling us what you're
trying to do.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kierano" wrote in message

Am encountering an error on SORT which previously has run fine - and
continues to run fine in Excel 2003, but fails in 2007. Have there been
any
changes made from 2003 to 2007 which would explain this issue?

Thanks,
Kieran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

XL2007 is slower than 2003.
However, post your code and maybe someone can suggest methods to speed it
up.

--
Regards
Roger Govier