Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
world's

Default how do i prevent data from being changed when i sort excel column

I have been using excel to import data but when i try to sort columns some of
the information changes how can i prevent the information from changing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

If you really want help, you would describe exactly what your problem is.

You have to select all cells on the sheet if you sort on a column and want
the information on the row to remain with the row at a new location.

If you have formulas that refer to the row above, then you want to use
OFFSET in your formula see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm

Shading of cells will travel with the data, but border formatting will not.

You would get a lot more out of newsgroups by using your name, especially
in technical newsgroups.
---
HTH,