Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I round times to 15 minute increments?

We have an employee time sheet, where they enter their in/out times. We pay
based on a 15-minute increment scale. I need them to be able to enter the
actual time, but have it convert to the correct 15-minute base:

For example:
7:53-8:07 = 8:00
8:08-8:22 = 8:15
8:23-8:37 = 8:30
8:38-8:52 = 8:45 and so on.

Help! and Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this formatted as time

=ROUND(A1*96,0)/96

Mike

"LJustice" wrote:

We have an employee time sheet, where they enter their in/out times. We pay
based on a 15-minute increment scale. I need them to be able to enter the
actual time, but have it convert to the correct 15-minute base:

For example:
7:53-8:07 = 8:00
8:08-8:22 = 8:15
8:23-8:37 = 8:30
8:38-8:52 = 8:45 and so on.

Help! and Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wow...that works!
Now all I have to do is figure out how to incorporate that into the
timesheet...as they can't enter into a cell with a formula inside it.
Thanks for the great start!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this formatted as time