Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dave

Default how do I round numbers in .125 increments

how do I round numbers in .125 increments

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjobom

Increments? Are you rounding up or do you want to round to the nearest
0.125?

for the latter

=ROUND(A1/0.125,0)*0.125

for the former

=CEILING(A1,0.125)

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Nothwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"dave" wrote in message
how do I round numbers in .125 increments

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
caryd

I posted under another topic too but then found this one to more closely
match what I'm trying to do.

I have a formula already in the cells I want to round to the nearest
.125

X is the column I'm wanting to round up, however I already have a
formula in X2 which is T2+U2=X2.

How can I get the whole column formatted for =CEILING(A1,0.125) without
loosing my original formula?

--
caryd
caryd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34433

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"caryd" wrote in
message ...

I posted under another topic too but then found this one to more closely
match what I'm trying to do.

I have a formula already in the cells I want to round to the nearest
.125

X is the column I'm wanting to round up, however I already have a
formula in X2 which is T2+U2=X2.

How can I get the whole column formatted for =CEILING(A1,0.125) without
loosing my original formula?

=CEILING(T2+U2,0.125)
but note that this doesn't round to the *nearest* .125, but to the value
above.

You may want MROUND() if you want the nearest.
--
David Biddulph