Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditonal formatting

My co-worker has a sheet that shows the number of hours each employee worked.
My question is: if say cell c2 has regular hours say then are less then 80
then the cell turns green; and if in cell b2 has an overtime value greater
than 0 turn red. We are using the newer version of excel. Where do we go from
condional formatting and how can we acomplish this? Hopes this makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That seems basic CF to me. Have you tried it in the workbook?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"SunshineinFt.Myers" wrote in
message ...
My co-worker has a sheet that shows the number of hours each employee
worked.
My question is: if say cell c2 has regular hours say then are less then 80
then the cell turns green; and if in cell b2 has an overtime value greater
than 0 turn red. We are using the newer version of excel. Where do we go
from
condional formatting and how can we acomplish this? Hopes this makes
sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007?
Conditiona Formatting-Highlight Cell Rule-Less than

If you want to highlight C2 based on the value in B2 then choose
Conditiona Formatting-New Rule-Use a formula...

and enter the formula as
=B20

"SunshineinFt.Myers" wrote:

My co-worker has a sheet that shows the number of hours each employee worked.
My question is: if say cell c2 has regular hours say then are less then 80
then the cell turns green; and if in cell b2 has an overtime value greater
than 0 turn red. We are using the newer version of excel. Where do we go from
condional formatting and how can we acomplish this? Hopes this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you say where do you go from? are you already using condiyonal
formatting or do you want help and advice on how to use condtional
formatting?

SunshineinFt.Myers;261624 Wrote:
My co-worker has a sheet that shows the number of hours each employee
worked.
My question is: if say cell c2 has regular hours say then are less then
80
then the cell turns green; and if in cell b2 has an overtime value
greater
than 0 turn red. We are using the newer version of excel. Where do we
go from
condional formatting and how can we acomplish this? Hopes this makes
sense.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=73010

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think I explained it well enough. Ok. Cell M23has overtime in it. Say
anything 0 we want it to highlight but we also have regular hours in cell
N23. Now we want Cell 23 to highlight if its less than 80 as well. We also
have the word exempt in some of the cells in overtime column and do not want
those with exempt to be highlighted. Do we have to do each column seperately?
I don't have the new version; only my co worker does. So I thank you if you
could help us.