Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TSK TSK is offline

Default Conditonal Formatting

Can someone advise me how to change the cell color when date is input

I had the following advise formula for text and number but it does not work
with date format

Format == Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =istext(A1)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't check specifically for dates, as these are just numbers to
Excel. So, you could have:

Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(A1)

or:

Formula Is: =A1<""

which will check for non-blanks, but then if the cell is blank it
doesn't matter what the format is !!

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 7, 9:38*am, TSK wrote:
Can someone advise me how to change the cell color when date is input

I had the following advise formula for text and number but it does not work
with date format

Format == Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =istext(A1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you could try this
Formula is: =LEFT(CELL("format",A1))="D"
--
Max
Singapore