Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Editing Weekly Inventory

How can I scan a blank document (Inventory Sheet) that has all the products
we sell listed and then pull that document up and edit with the numbers of
each item, or add\delete items . Then I could save the edited document and
just pull up the blank document the next week and enter that weeks numbers. I
do a lot of inventory and weekly counting. This is a nightclub business that
carries numerous items. A lot of counting stock weekly. I need a start
amount, end amount, which will give me a sold amount, and that will tell me a
re-order amount! I've been doing this by hand and on paper for 17 years!
There's got to be a easier way! I can scan the document but haven't learned
how to edit the items or numbers
--
Hotty Toddy & Thank You 2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Sounds like you need a template file. Create a file without data, but with
all the fixed stuff you need each week, formulas, and formatting and choose
File, Save As, change the Files of type to Template (*.xlt). Excel will
switch you to the templates folder, click Save.

When you need your file for a new weeks data entry, choose File, New, Under
Templates, click On my computer...

This file is opened as an standard file, not as a template, so when you
click Save you will not overwrite the template, but instead be prompted for a
password.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire