Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default with weekly score sheet how do I column a weekly progressive aver.

I am doing a Darts score sheet in excel 2003. I have "game scores", "game
shots", "game average", "games played", "(sum)total scores", "(sum)total
shots", "(sum)total average", improvement increase\decrease percentage, and I
have even done a "bar chart". What I can't work out is how to formulate a
column for "progressing average".
The only way I can get "progressing average" at the moment is by formulating
ONE cell as "(sum)total score"/"(sum)total shots" then entering the result
manualy into the corresponding cell so that the players can see how they are
averaging (up or down).
Any solutions please? don't make it too hard and complicated, I'm only "self
taught"
over about 5yrs and I'm still finding out lots of things.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you do an average of all of the possible values in the particular
category, Excel will ignore the blanks (not yet played), so you should be
okay.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Tom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default with weekly score sheet how do I column a weekly progressive a

I do have "average", that is working fine. "Progressive Average" is a column
that adds all "Averages" over a number of games and divides the total by the
number of games played. eg: total score over "x" amount of games divided by
"x" amount of games played = average per game. this works ok. Problem: "Game
average" per game over "x" amount of games divided by "x" amount of games
played should give "Progressive Average" from game to game. this is not
working.
I have to manually input the formula to each individual cell for it to work.
eg: game average a1 34, average a2 33.2, average a3 33.5, average a4 33.4,
(let's call column B "games played" which automatically counts) "Progressive
Average" c1 34, c2 (a1+a2/2games)33.6, c3 (a1+a2+a3/3games)33.56, c4
(a1+a2+a3+a4/4games)33.52. I have tried using formula "=sum(a1:a4)/(b1)" and
pasting to the cells in column c but each cell in turn moves to a cell lower,
I have to manually in to each cell "=sum(a1:a4)/(b2)", "+sum(a1:a4)/(b3)" and
so on until I have covered all cells required. is there a simpler way to do
this ?
regards Tom