Buddy_in_San_Diego

Default Open dialog box size

I have Excel 2003 at home and my office. For some reason, my home
installation maximizes the "open file" dialog box to full screen. There is
no box to click to make it smaller so I can drag the edges to change the
size. My only choices are Maximize or minimize. I've searched the options
and tools, I've gone online to MS and searched but no clue. Any suggestions?
Gord Dibben

Buddy

Right-click on the Title Bar and "Restore"

Should be able to re-size to your wishes.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:09:02 -0700, Buddy_in_San_Diego
wrote:

I have Excel 2003 at home and my office. For some reason, my home
installation maximizes the "open file" dialog box to full screen. There is
no box to click to make it smaller so I can drag the edges to change the
size. My only choices are Maximize or minimize. I've searched the options
and tools, I've gone online to MS and searched but no clue. Any suggestions?

Gord Dibben

Very good news.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:16:02 -0700, Buddy_in_San_Diego
wrote:

Thanks, that did the trick.

wrote:

I have Excel 2003 at home and my office. For some reason, my home
installation maximizes the "open file" dialog box to full screen. There is
no box to click to make it smaller so I can drag the edges to change the
size. My only choices are Maximize or minimize. I've searched the options
and tools, I've gone online to MS and searched but no clue. Any suggestions?

RichK

Friday / 22APR2005

Mr. Dibben,

I had to tell you Thanks for your solution to this small but annoying
problem --- it was so simple!

For me it has been one of those things that I just decided to live
with. Full Screen Open File Dialog box was driving me nuts --- until
Today.

As they say, Knowledge is Power! And nowhere more evident than around
computers.

Thanks. :)

--Rich K.