Gloria

Default Excel 2002 SP3: In Open Dialog, Some File Names Appear in Blue

Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I
don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks!
Ron de Bruin

Hi Gloria

The file is Compressed then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gloria" wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I
don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks!

Gloria

Sorry to have bothered you with that one. I just found out that someone
compressed the files about an hour after my original posting. (against our
policy, so I'd never seen it before) I'm having trouble accessing some of
the .dbf files in DOS now. I'm unable to use DBU to open the files. I keep
getting a general protection fault error. Our desktop support group just
worked on my machine last week, so this is probably a result of whatever they
changed. Any ideas how compressing files changes accessibility in DOS? Any
ideas you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Gloria

The file is Compressed then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gloria" wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I
don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks!

Dave Peterson

I don't use dBase (so I don't have a guess).

But if you don't get a reply, you may want to find a dBase group to post in.
(or whatever database program you're using).

Gloria wrote:

Sorry to have bothered you with that one. I just found out that someone
compressed the files about an hour after my original posting. (against our
policy, so I'd never seen it before) I'm having trouble accessing some of
the .dbf files in DOS now. I'm unable to use DBU to open the files. I keep
getting a general protection fault error. Our desktop support group just
worked on my machine last week, so this is probably a result of whatever they
changed. Any ideas how compressing files changes accessibility in DOS? Any
ideas you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Gloria

The file is Compressed then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Gloria" wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me why some filenames appear in blue instead of black? I
don't think I've ever seen this before today. Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson
Ron de Bruin

I don't use dBase (so I don't have a guess).

Same for me

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Gloria wrote:

Sorry to have bothered you with that one. I just found out that someone
compressed the files about an hour after my original posting. (against our
policy, so I'd never seen it before) I'm having trouble accessing some of
the .dbf files in DOS now. I'm unable to use DBU to open the files. I keep
getting a general protection fault error. Our desktop support group just
worked on my machine last week, so this is probably a result of whatever they
changed. Any ideas how compressing files changes accessibility in DOS? Any
ideas you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Gloria

The file is Compressed then

--