Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sot sot is offline

Default Function to extract data from a list

I have an excel list of people attending some classes I run; each person is
assigned a day and time in a column next to their name. The Day and time
data is not unique. i.e there maybe 8 attendees on Monday at 11:30.

In a seperate worksheet I would like to extract each classes participants
from the list so I can create a more calendar like - schedule of this list.

I cannot use Advanced filter as this wil only work for one class at a time.
Is there a function/formula I can use to pull out the people for a particular
class?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the day & time are in column B, we want to extract ALL the people who are
Monday 10:00 AM into a single table. The usual lookups will only return the
first found item in the list. To get all the items, see:

Simpler approaches would be to sort on the day/time column or use AutoFilter.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200836

"sot" wrote:

I have an excel list of people attending some classes I run; each person is
assigned a day and time in a column next to their name. The Day and time
data is not unique. i.e there maybe 8 attendees on Monday at 11:30.

In a seperate worksheet I would like to extract each classes participants
from the list so I can create a more calendar like - schedule of this list.

I cannot use Advanced filter as this wil only work for one class at a time.
Is there a function/formula I can use to pull out the people for a particular
class?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
Multiple Pivot Tables