Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Set automatic currancy decimal without entering the decimal?

On calculators, one can set it for always placing a two place decimal.
Therefore, I do not have to to hit the decimal when adding a currancy column.
The two place decimal is automatic. If there is no cents, one enters 2 zeros.
Can the computer be set for that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

format the cell as currency and decimal places are automatically added or if
you don't want a currency format then use number and you get the same but
without the currency symbol.

Mike

"Giesej" wrote:

On calculators, one can set it for always placing a two place decimal.
Therefore, I do not have to to hit the decimal when adding a currancy column.
The two place decimal is automatic. If there is no cents, one enters 2 zeros.
Can the computer be set for that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Choose Tools, Options, Edit, and check Fixed decimal and leave 2 in the
Places box.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire