Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default entering a whole number e.g. 4, results in a decimal entry, 0.04

my excel 2003 suddenly developed the above fault, which try as I may, I
cannot cure. If I enter the number with a decimal point after it, it enters
as the correct whole number. The selfsame programme on my Vista laptop has
not developed the fault (yet, anyway!)
Anyone come across this before? Thanks for your attention,
J.Fulcher

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools|Options|Edit tab|uncheck Fixed Decimal places.

It's a handy tool for the accountancy types who don't want to enter decimal
points.

It's a pain for the rest of us <vbg.

--

Dave Peterson