Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul (Bornival)

Default position of decimal point when entering a number ...

When I enter a number, the decimal point automatically poistions it-self
before the two last digits, even if I do *not* enter the decimal point.
Thus, if I enter 123, I get 1.23, etc...
When looking at the format of the cell, I see
- general
- sample: 1.23
How do I change this ?
(This was not occuring when Excel was installed, and is not occuring with
the same version of Excel on other machines; I suspect it ahs to do with a
corrupted temmlate, but which one ...?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:
ToolsOptonsEdit tab
Uncheck: Fixed Decimal places

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Paul (Bornival)" wrote:

When I enter a number, the decimal point automatically poistions it-self
before the two last digits, even if I do *not* enter the decimal point.
Thus, if I enter 123, I get 1.23, etc...
When looking at the format of the cell, I see
- general
- sample: 1.23
How do I change this ?
(This was not occuring when Excel was installed, and is not occuring with
the same version of Excel on other machines; I suspect it ahs to do with a
corrupted temmlate, but which one ...?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Try:

Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Fixed decimal

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul (Bornival)

Dear Ron,
Thank you. This solved all problems.
Have a nice week-end !
Paul.

"Paul (Bornival)" wrote:

When I enter a number, the decimal point automatically poistions it-self
before the two last digits, even if I do *not* enter the decimal point.
Thus, if I enter 123, I get 1.23, etc...
When looking at the format of the cell, I see
- general
- sample: 1.23
How do I change this ?
(This was not occuring when Excel was installed, and is not occuring with
the same version of Excel on other machines; I suspect it ahs to do with a
corrupted temmlate, but which one ...?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul (Bornival)

Dear HTH,
Thank you. This suggestion, made also by another member of the group,
solved all problems. Have a great week-end !
Paul.