Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Quick way to "Shrink to Fit"

I often need to shrink columns. Is there a faster way to get to "shrink to
fit" rather than to go into CTRL-1, alignment, shrink to fit? I am using
2007

Thanks in advance,
inthestands
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

inthestands -

Select the column or multiple columns, and double-click any column separator
(above row 1) except the one on the far left.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"inthestands" wrote in message
I often need to shrink columns. Is there a faster way to get to "shrink to
fit" rather than to go into CTRL-1, alignment, shrink to fit? I am using
2007

Thanks in advance,
inthestands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,
That will just autofit the column width to the text size.
The OP wants to use Shrink to fit which shrinks the font to fit into the
cell
and leaves the column width alone.

Sorry inthe stands
but I don't know of any quicker way than what you are already doing,
Perhaps someone can provide you with a macro or some VBA that
will work universally in any worksheet you have open with just the
click of a button.

HTH
Martin

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
inthestands -

Select the column or multiple columns, and double-click any column
separator (above row 1) except the one on the far left.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"inthestands" wrote in message
I often need to shrink columns. Is there a faster way to get to "shrink
fit" rather than to go into CTRL-1, alignment, shrink to fit? I am using
2007

Thanks in advance,
inthestands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could try code - the following shrinks the font.size by 1

Sub ShrinkFont()
Dim Isize As Integer
Isize = ActiveCell.Font.size
Isize = Isize - 1

With Selection.Font
.size = Isize
End With
End Sub

Copy this into your personal workbook and assign a keyboard shortcut and it
can be run in any workbook.

If you do not have a personal workbook, record a simple macro in a new book
and name it personal. This should hide the workbook. Then with another file
open type ALT + F11, Ctl +R to open Project explorer, select the personal
workbook and copy this into a VBModule

Regards
Peter